Minor Injuries Unit
OPEN FROM 8.30am MONDAY TO FRIDAY
LAST WALK-IN PATIENT 4pm
The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) is open Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from 8.30am, we accept our last walk in patient at 4pm.
Experienced Emergency Nurse Practitioners provide care to patients who visit our Minor Injuries Unit, they specialise in treating minor injuries.
The Minor Injury Unit offers a walk-in service, where patients can be treated for:
• Minor cuts and lacerations, including infected wounds
• Dog and cat bites
• Strains and sprains
• Simple fractures and dislocations
• Minor burns and scalds
• Head injuries (if the person has not been unconscious or
• Minor eye injuries
• Splinters and other foreign bodies in the skin, eye, ear or nose
• Insect bites and stings
The MIU cannot treat you for infections and illnesses, such as:
• Sore throats or chest infections
• Leg ulcers
• Intravenous injections
• Blood tests
• Drug overdoses
• Pregnancy related problems
• Mental health problems
If you experience any of the following, go immediately to your local Emergency Department or call 999.
• Chest pain
• Sudden collapse
• Suspected spinal injuries
• Complex fractures
• Penetrating injuries
There is an X-ray department at Tetbury Hospital which supports the MIU service.
Unsure if we can help? Call 111 for advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, or call us on 01666 502336 during our opening hours.