The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) is open Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from 8.30am, we accept our last walk in patient at 4.00pm.
Our experienced Emergency Nurse Practitioners specialise in treating minor injuries to deliver care to patients.
The Minor Injury Unit can treat patients for:
- Minor cuts and lacerations, including infected wounds
- Dog and cat bites
- Strains and sprains
- Simple fractures and dislocations
- Minor burns and scalds
- Head injuries (if the person has not been unconscious or
- Minor eye injuries
- Splinters and other foreign bodies in the skin, eye, ear or nose
- Insect bites and stings
The MIU cannot treat patients for:
- Sore throats or chest infections
- Leg ulcers
- Intravenous injections
- Blood tests
- Drug overdoses
- Pregnancy related problems
- Mental health problems
If you experience any of the following, go immediately to your local Emergency Department or call 999.
- Chest pain
- Sudden collapse
- Suspected spinal injuries
- Complex fractures
- Penetrating injuries
Unsure if we can help? Call 111 for advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, or call us, during our opening hours, on 01666 502336 and ask for minor injuries.