Minor Injuries Unit
OPEN FROM 8.30am MONDAY TO FRIDAY
LAST WALK-IN PATIENT 4.00pm
The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) is open Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from 8.30am, we accept our last walk in patient at 4.00pm.
Our experienced Emergency Nurse Practitioners specialise in treating minor injuries and provide care to patients who visit our Minor Injuries Unit.
The Minor Injury Unit can treat patients for:
• Minor cuts and lacerations, including infected wounds
• Dog and cat bites
• Strains and sprains
• Simple fractures and dislocations
• Minor burns and scalds
• Head injuries (if the person has not been unconscious or
• Minor eye injuries
• Splinters and other foreign bodies in the skin, eye, ear or nose
• Insect bites and stings
The MIU cannot treat you for infections and illnesses, such as:
• Sore throats or chest infections
• Leg ulcers
• Intravenous injections
• Blood tests
• Drug overdoses
• Pregnancy related problems
• Mental health problems
If you experience any of the following, go immediately to your local Emergency Department or call 999.
• Chest pain
• Sudden collapse
• Suspected spinal injuries
• Complex fractures
• Penetrating injuries
Our X-ray department at Tetbury Hospital supports the MIU service.
Unsure if we can help? Call 111 for advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, or call us, during our opening hours, on 01666 502336 and ask for minor injuries.